Feb 14, 2013

Keepin it real

I am a stay-at-home mom with lots of jobs.
1)wife 2)mom 3)tutor director 4)part-time nanny 5) seamstress 6)coordinator of godly play (children's ministry) at our church
Cameron has had two big medical bills in the past week. A big dental issue and minor surgery. He is healthy and fine. It's the bill that stresses me.
Money stresses me out.
Cameron works hard to provide for our family. I work hard to fill in the gap. We work hard to spend wisely, give and balance the budget. But too often we end up in the red.
I am tired.
No valentines date. Saving money. Watching our sweet friends' little lady so they can go out!
Adoption money. Ugh. Know it will come. Trying to trust. It stresses me out even thinking about it. But we have sweet friends, customers and an adoption agency who have been blessing us. It will happen.
Tired. Blessed. Happy. Stressed. Blessed. Happy. Tired. Healthy. Tired.
I hate complaining. We are blessed. Just needed to write it out.

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing more infectious to system than financial stress. I hear you sister. -shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, you have so much on your plate. You also have family that loves you all dearly. Keep the faith. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 61:1
    “Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.”
    Megan, we are spiritual beings on an earthly journey. Stress and financial stress are very "earthly". You are smart and will work through this too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, sorry for the financial stress! Medical bills are the worst. On one hand we're so blessed to have access to excellent medical care, on the other hand it's expensive!!

    Just and FYI, that Noonday just sent you $80 to your agency :) Chipping away at that big number. Trust.

    And have stay-in date this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you.